Momcology provides emotional support through online support groups, retreats, in-person events and informational services to caregivers with both legal and medical authority for children and adolescents who have been diagnosed with cancer.
To ensure Momcology remains a supportive and safe place for everyone, we have developed Momcology Guidelines. These Momcology Guidelines apply to all online support groups, and all Momcology events.
Momcology reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments and/or posts made by members of the group if they are in violation of our core values. While participating in Momcology groups, please be aware of the following guidelines:
- Contributions by members within Momcology, is never a substitute for professional medical advice. We encourage you to take anything shared within Momcology, to your professional medical care teams. We believe active communication between parents and medical professionals is essential.
- Please treat one another with respect. Contributions by a Momcology community member must not: Be defamatory (a defamatory comment is one that may damage the reputation of a person or organization); be threatening, abusive, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy; be sexist, racist, blasphemous, homophobic or otherwise discriminatory and/or offensive.
- Postings should not promote violence or advocate, condone or assist an unlawful act; describe violent intentions towards oneself, other people, or organizations. Please do not use Momcology groups to attack other people or organizations.
- Do not post pornographic, sexually explicit, obscene or lewd materials or intentions.
- Do not be profane or post profane material or illustrations.
- If you are worried your post may be offensive, disrespectful or mean, we advise you to not post it and please be aware that these types of posts may be removed by a Momcology moderator.. (We strongly advise against posting topics that cause controversy amongst our delicate community. Some of these topics include disrespectful comments on; personal religious or belief systems, politics and vaccines. Posts and comments that become hostile toward other Momcology members will be removed by a group moderator.) Momcology is a non-sectarian organization with no political or religious affiliations.
- Copying and reposting of private information or thoughts with the intent to hurt, any form of bullying or harassment and the use of extreme profanity is strictly prohibited in Momcology.
- Members should not post photos with medical ID numbers. Although information should always stay within a Momcology group, do not post personal information that could be copied and used in an inauthentic way.
- The purpose of Momcology support groups is not for non-profit or personal outreach for sales, events, organizations and personal initiatives. Momcology does have an outreach/sharing/shop group specifically designed for outreach within our parent community.
- Any members who are found in intentional and continuous violation of our guidelines will be removed and/or banned from our groups. We may ban someone without warning, at our discretion, at any time.
- Respect the privacy of one another. Information in our groups should remain in the groups. Momcology is a safe place to land with fears, concerns, disappointments, and joys. Do not post your address or phone number in the groups, and, if you have the address and phone number of another member, don’t share it in a post.
If you feel personally attacked or unsafe within a Momcology online peer support group, please contact your group administrator or email us at email@example.com . We will research and do our best to mediate or rectify the situation and/or conflict as soon as possible. The Momcology Team is committed to keeping Momcology groups safe. If you feel a spammer has made his/her way into a group, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can research and rectify the situation. We will act as promptly as possible.
These Momcology Guidelines have been put into place to ensure that all members, no matter what their personal and private beliefs are, should always feel comfortable in our Momcology support groups and at Momcology events. We appreciate your help in keeping Momcology safe, secure and approachable for all who seek support from other parents.